The One Day Book Tag
So I’m a sucker for blog tags. This one was too good resist though. Carly over at Writing from the Tub has created this nifty little tag for any bibliophile bloggers out there. Y’ready?
The ‘One Day’ Tag – dedicated to all of the books you’re going to read ‘one day’
1. Which book has been on your TBR for the longest?
There are so many! I’ll be honest and say Animal Farm by George Orwell. I’m not very good at reading the “classics”, but I’m steadily working my way through them. (And I know the Animal Farm story all the way through).
2. Name an author you’ve been wanting to read for ages now?
Another “classic” author – John Steinbeck. I’ve heard such good things about The Grapes of Wrath…
3. Tell me a series you’re determined to finish but need to play catch up with?
I only have one left of Scott Lynch’s The Gentleman Bastards series – the third and final The Republic of Thieves which I’m resisting at the moment as it’s still in hardback. I might also have to re-read the first two for the pure joy of it.
4. Let’s go one better – tell me a full series you want to read but haven’t started yet?
Without fail I am determined to get Stephen King‘s The Dark Tower series. I always hear about it in awed, hushed tones.
5. What are five books published over a year ago that you want to read this year?
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (is it cheating if it’s only JUST been a year?)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year by Sue Townsend
6. Which book have you been wanting to reread but haven’t got the chance?
I want to return to some Margaret Atwood – and I’m eyeing up The Blind Assassin rather lovingly at the moment.
7. To finish, give me one book to film adaptation you missed in the cinema but want to catch on DVD?
Now it’s your turn! This tag is for all of you, but do go and check out Carly’s original post, and don’t forget to link back to it. Let me know when you’ve done it so I can take a peek too!